Entity Structure Changes
Evaluating new business opportunities such as acquisitions and investment proposals is often done by adding new entities.
To add or delete entities in FinanceSeer, please perform the following:
- Open up your FinanceSeer model or template and go to the Architect module.
- Select the template you wish to edit in the upper right corner of the screen.
This is usually the Core Template.
- Click in the Entities dimension located on the left side of the screen.
A hierarchical list of entities should show on the main screen.
- Use the expander to identify where a new entity should be added.
- Click on the insert button at the top of the table. .
The new entity will inserted as a child of the entity you selected.
- Drag and drop the orientation of the new entity.
- Change the scaling of the new entity if necessary.
- By default, all subtotal entities will aggregate entities on the fly. If you want to consolidate manually, turn the aggregate entities to "consolidation" rather than aggregation". All children entities should say "underlying".