Account Structure Changes
Adding, deleting, moving and editing an account is a snap in FinanceSeer.
To create, move or delete an account, following these steps:
- Launch FinanceSeer and open a pre-built template.
- Click on the Architect module located in the lower left-hand corner of the screen.
- Put the model in edit mode by selecting an editable model template in the upper right corner of the screen.
In most cases, this will be the "Core Template".
Use the pane on the left-hand side to locate the Accounts page.
By default, you will see only the root accounts. Use the expanders to navigate the hierarchy trees.
- Click on an account you wish to make a parent/subtotal.
- Click on the Insert icon located at the top of the table.
- Move the new account by dragging and dropping it.
- Delete an account by click on the Delete icon at the top of the table.
Editing an Account
To edit an account, follow these steps:
Highlight the account you wish to edit.
Review the current configuration on the Member Settings window.
Rename the account by typing the new name in the input field.
Select the Account Type to activate the account’s behavior.
Select the Forecast method to be applied from a list of predefined forecast methods.
- Identify where the account should be mapped on the Cash Flow.
Note - if the account is not an Income Statement or Balance Sheet account, there is no need to identify a cash flow map. If the account is a Balance Sheet account, FinanceSeer will map all the movements of that balance to the mapped Cash Flow location, unless the individual movements are mapped else where.