Time Structure Changes
Adding and deleting time periods can be really time consuming and risky if you are using a spreadsheet solution. FinanceSeer solves this problem by building in the required financial intelligence necessary to manage your time structure in one place and have that logic apply to the entire model. As a result, adding or deleting time periods takes seconds not hours.
Below are the steps for editing the time structure:
- Open your FinanceSeer model or template.
- Go to the Architect module within FinanceSeer.
- Select the model template you wish to edit in the upper right corner.
For most users, this will be the Core Template.
- Click on the Periods dimension to see the current time structure in place
- Add/delete another year to the end of the time range by updating the last fiscal year.
- Add/Delete the beginning of your time range by updating the first fiscal year.
- Reset the last historical boundary as necessary.
The model will not run iterative funding in historical time periods.
- Now that you have your time range established, use the sub-yearly grid to break a period down into months, quarters or halves.
Based on experience, sub-yearly detail is used for models that contain 1-2 years total. 5 year models are usually built on an annual basis.
- Add time period groups to your model so that you can focus on viewing just a smaller range of time periods at a single glance (ex - see only historical periods or only see the current forecast period).
- Click APPLY button at the bottom to accept the changes.