Editing Ratio Calculations
Creating or editing a ratio is pretty straightforward task in FinanceSeer. To get started follow these steps:
- Go to the Architect module within FinanceSeer and make sure you are working with an editable template (typically core template).
- Create a new account and ensure that the account type matches the ratio you are creating (i.e. a ratio or a percentage account type).
- With your cursor on the ratio account, go to the member settings pane, ensure that the calculation method is set to CALCULATION.
- Click on the small icon to the left of the calculation drop down to edit the calculation.
- Drag a mathematical operator from the right side of the screen (expression palette) into place by dragging the formula to the dotted square in the expression tree.
- Go back to the Expression palette and drag the Cell Address Constant over dotted box next to item 1. Repeat this step for item 2.
- Click on the hyperlink to assign an account to both item 1 and item 2
- At the top of the screen enter a name for your formula.
- Click OK to accept the formula.
Please note that accounts follow sign sense rules. If you divide a revenue by an expense the result will show as a negative because the expense is a reduction account and the revenue is additive. To change this behavior build a nested formula where one of the items is not a cell address constant but a multiplication formula. The multiplication formula should be a cell address times a number constant (located in the expression palette). Type in -1 as the number constant.